I was late to International Relations by about ten minutes today and earned the death stare from Professor Ogden, despite the fact that she's always late herself. Unsurprisingly, the rest of class was a mess. First, the professor claimed that no nation has ever used WMDs against its own people, contemptuously dismissing two students who objected that the Iraqi nerve gas attack on the Kurds was quite plainly such an event. Another guy defined M.A.D., she shot him down, and then essentially rephrased what he just said. I typically apologize to professors when I'm late, but by the end of this class I rethought my apology. Thank goodness it's an easy course. MPT was canceled, so I was done early.
I went to a stand-up comedy show with Harrison and Eliot this evening. Michael Ian Black performed at Blackman, and I enjoyed myself greatly. On our return, Iris had cinnamon-dusted, Nutella-filled muffins waiting for us. We got settled and enjoyed the presidential debate, tossing around ideas for making it even more interesting. ("What if they held a naked debate?" "What if they wore ties of the same color?")
Quotes of the day:
"No dude, he can balance a budget. All you have to do is make our military stronger." - Harrison on Mitt Romney
"He probably wears silk boxers to bed that say 'President'." - Harrison on Barack Obama
"Birther! Obama bin Laden! Barack Hussein Obama bin Laden! He's still out there!" - Harrison
No comments:
Post a Comment