MPT consisted of a recap of yesterday's events during the third disputation and a class-wide affirmation of my team's effectiveness. I recently decided to become the twelfth member of the suite's Husky Hunt team, and we took the placement quiz this evening. I left early to attend a dance lesson in Curry with Iris, taught by a stunning Katie and a stately gentleman named Xerxes. Iris and I are terrible dancers and left early out of shame, though we did learn to box step. I got back in time to help out with the remainder of the quiz, which seemed to go decently well. Our team consists of Shannon, Sabrina, Laura, Lauren, Meredith, Ryan, Eric, Harrison, Alaric, a friend of Shannon's named Aimee, Joe (a fellow IV-9 West resident from last year) and myself. Katie was kind enough to visit and chat with us about our dancing inadequacies, and Alaric and I engaged in some antics with Sabrina, eventually forcing her into my horrifying Christmas sweater for a photo or two.
Quotes of the day:
"We've had these things where the judges went out there, I don't know, like they were doing bong hits in the hallway, or...?" - Professor Lovely
"You're studying political science or international affairs. Why? You're interested in it, sure, but why? Maybe you want to work in civil service. Why? You want to make the world a better place? Why?
Because you have a soul!" - Professor Lovely
"Rwanda's success today is due to Rwandans, and nobody else." - Professor Lovely
"If you don't believe that the state of nature exists, look at my eyes. It does. I've seen it." - Professor Lovely
"Have fun mingling among my enemies." - Sean
P.S. This update dedicated to
Katie
Katherine, who demands a fresh post from me. The gall of this coming from the one who posts perhaps once a week is not lost on me, but I will oblige her wish this time.
P.P.S. Dearest Katherine, I owed you a compliment after our conversation earlier. Consider us square.
No comments:
Post a Comment