Sunday, October 21, 2012
The Bedsheet Redemption
I slept for the entirety of the day, catching up after yesterday's sleep-deprived mess. When I awoke, the sun sinking low in the sky, I decided that a movie was just the thing. Sean and I agreed that Iris and Alaric are required to see The Shawshank Redemption, so this was our film of choice. For anyone who's never seen it, Shawshank is one of my favorite movies of all time and a true classic, concerned directly with a man imprisoned for the murder of his wife and her lover and abstractly with the power of hope. Its replay value is roughly infinite, and Iris and Alaric were enthralled. Minor aside: David Proval, a.k.a. loathsome punk Richie Aprile from The Sopranos, is one of Andy Dufresne's prisoner buddies in Shawshank. If not for the time difference, this could explain what he was up to during the time he spent in the cooler. All this movie watching business reminds me that sooner or later I'll be compiling a list of my fifty favorite movies, and I'll upload it to the Pages section to the right with appropriate fanfare. As always, thank you for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment