Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Lost Expedition

          Eric joined me for my first day trip in Boston, also known as aimlessly wandering about the city. I kept a detailed, Lewis and Clark-themed journal to document our journey. I'd be happy to show the notebook itself to anyone who would like to see it. We set off around noon, taking note of the overcast skies and the chill in the air. At Copley Square, we stopped to watch the world go by. After a hard march we found ourselves on the Common. We chose a spot by the water near a small willow tree, sat down and watched the ducks. Someone across the water was performing on an interesting Asian instrument (think cello/sitar) which was remarkably tranquilizing and thought-provoking. Continuing on our way, we stopped at a Masonic temple near Emerson, engaging in a lively debate over the historical accuracy of the account in my journal. We paused at a McDonalds in Chinatown for sustenance, snagging a table by the window and observing passers-by. Eric got his own food at Chipotle and we made our way to CEX, a discount movie store where we spent a great deal of time alone in the basement, hunting for good deals. I bought One Hour Photo, The Manchurian Candidate and Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead (starring Andy Garcia and his bad haircut!) for under $10, the only downside being the eternal line. A hectic ride on the T was followed by a brief interlude in Barnes and Noble, then a long break at the reflecting pool. At home, we took dark showers with loud music and I talked to Alaric about his childhood dreams. I enjoyed some Skyrim and long talks with my friends, bringing a very satisfactory day to a close.
          Quotes of the day:
"Now you all think you fucksin' with me!" - Eric to the ducks
"I feel like I'm dragging big blocks." - Eric
"A modern painting doesn't look better if you beat the shit out of it." - me

No comments:

Post a Comment