I had horrible nightmares last night. First, I dreamed that Brian and I were driving around in the dark, we nearly crashed, he pulled over and suffered a stroke. I then found myself in some sort of hospital wards, prowling the aisles and shooting down patients. At the end of the dream, I restlessly rearranged objects on my desk but could never get a layout that was to my satisfaction. I woke up in serious distress, and decided that I would go back to sleep to try and re-cycle my thought process. I then fell into another, longer dream. There, I found myself in a candy shop where I purchased a Milky Way, then wandered out into the world. In a dusty twilight, I wandered down a street lined with rickety wooden buildings and watched kids walk home from school. After a little while I discovered Peter and some friends playing video games in one of the buildings. I stopped by and was greeted by someone I don't know: "Andy's been at us for years!" A three-star general popped into the room and put the fun on hold for a minute, but Dan and I got back into a game of Monopoly the moment he left. This was a more pleasant dream by far.
Unfortunately, the rest of the day was less successful. Alaric and I got up to play in the Roslindale Parade, only to realize that I needed to get to Curry first and pick up a jacket. Commence a desperate dash across campus, complicated by a mysterious, crushing pain in my ankle. I made it there just in time, obtained a jacket, and got on the bus, cursing the rainy weather. The parade itself was a little bit depressing. We had to wait for an hour in the pouring rain, the band hadn't practiced marching at all, and we didn't sound particularly good. In comparison to last year's kickass lineup of "Dynamite," "Louie Louie" and "Evil Ways," the songs we played were underwhelming: the decent but unpopular "Bang the Drum All Day," the mediocre "Don't Stop Believin'," and the atrocious "Firework."
At home, Harrison and I watched The Man Who Would Be King, a decent movie with Sean Connery and Michael Caine, for Modern Political Thought. Following this, I watched the fourth episode of Game of Thrones and did some detective work on Katie's blog. I've figured out who several of the anonymous characters are, but still have a ways to go.
Quotes of the day:
"Today is gonna be the best 50 hours of my life." - Alaric
"Got that overflow swag." - Brendan
No comments:
Post a Comment