8 AM brought the nervously anticipated map quiz on the Middle East and North Africa, for which I memorized every country in the region. I'm glad I prepared so intensively, because the quiz turned out to be a killer: five countries labeled with letters as well as a sixth for extra credit. The countries in question: Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Nigeria, and Morocco for the bonus point. I actually sighed in relief when I saw what I had to do. After that joke of an examination, we had a riveting discussion on terrorism and its political roots. I went on to stomp the yard at the Quantitative Techniques midterm and felt quite satisfied. The only definition I didn't know was "Index of Diversity," for which I wanted to write, "My second finger, which has explored women of many colors," but decided that my professor was unlikely to see the humor.
My afternoon classes were successful as well. I got an 89 on my IR midterm, beating the standard deviation of 15 from the mean score of 70. In MPT, I served on the Judge team for the third disputation, this time a deeply charged question about intervention in a theoretical country torn by civil war. Things got hot, but I feel that I and my fellow judges did our best to be even-handed in our questioning and eventual decision, supporting the non-interventionists 4-2. I finished out my day with some TF2, scoring a crushing Payload victory on the Badwater map.
Quote of the day:
"I was gonna fuck with him, and instead I saved his life!" - Alaric
No comments:
Post a Comment