We had a genuinely interesting speaker in International Relations today: Mr. Leonard Tagg, a retired CIA agent of many years. He discussed various subjects, including the structure and workings of the CIA, the Iraq War, and the time he was followed by Serbian (if I recall correctly) intelligence. I always appreciate a talented public speaker. Since it's November 5th, Harrison, Sabreezy (Lil' Squirt), Iris, Alaric, Sean and I watched V For Vendetta. V is a great film and lays on the symbolism if one is paying attention, but it's a bit disappointing when everyone watching has seen it and knows the twists. The upside is that you can quote to your heart's content and analyze the film with everyone as you watch.
Quotes of the day:
"The Bush administration lied to us. Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11." - Mr. Tagg telling it like it is
"The dollars speak: love stories make more money." - Sean
I was there for this, dear. I even texted you ahead of time asking to make this a thing if it wasn't already. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.
ReplyDeleteI'm writing from memory. Forgive me for this transgression. Corrected 11/21.
Delete