Tonight held one of the most satisfying games I've played at, a men's basketball match versus Boston University. The points were close, but BU held a marginal lead the entire game. This made it supremely satisfying when a clutch three-point shot in the last ten seconds put Northeastern a point ahead for the win, 65-64. It was a pretty big deal, so big that Shay and I shared a joyous hug. BU fans are distinctly annoying (no one else goes after the band) and it was pleasing to shut them up for a few minutes. Shortly after, I posted a facebook status regarding this victory, which an acquaintance from BU liked to my confusion. Naturally, such a visceral success called for getting crunk, so we headed home. I had a great time drinking and talking with Katie, Alaric and Iris, and went on a pseudo-Behrakis walk with Katie. Unfortunately, they've put away all the lawn chairs for the winter, so we rested on a cold slab of stone for a short while before continuing on to Copley Square. The walk was thoughtful, if plagued by sketchy characters that activated my Spidey senses and Katie's cop instincts.
Quotes of the day:
"I just wanna get some fucking A's up on this bitch." - Andrew
"What it is, girl? I'm checkin' mah stocks." - Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment