The fire alarm went off at 5 AM this morning. For my friends not at Northeastern, the alarm is an unbelievably loud, blaring beeping and flashing of lights accompanied by a female voice giving instructions. Luckily, our floor was not one of the ones they cleared out and I returned to sleep, but everyone was pretty pissed off. Naturally, Husky Hunt is/was the main event for the day. I don't want to speak too much on the minor details, but for those who aren't familiar with it, Husky Hunt is a 24-hour scavenger hunt that spans basically all of Boston and goes from 7 PM on Friday to 7 PM on Saturday. Teams take photos at locations or doing certain things to get points. Tonight, I ventured out with Aimee, Alaric and Lauren on a long loop. At one point I left my camera at Red Mango and didn't realize it was gone until after we'd traveled through the Prudential, forcing me to retrace my steps in a panic. We took about a million pictures throughout Chinatown, down by the river, and Newbury Street. Not unexpectedly, I found myself irritable, tired, and rather in pain thanks to my ankle, which has sucked ever since cross country and track. I ended up taking a few hours to sleep and recharge, which I don't regret in the least.
Quotes of the day:
"You should give your printer a failing grade." - Professor Rochefort
"Us Asians gotta stick together." - Sean
"Two 'Allen' stores right next to each other? Fight!" - Alaric
No comments:
Post a Comment