Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Doctor's Orders

          I rose early after a much-needed slumber and met with my co-op advisor on the fly. Prof. Britt came into class looking a little bewildered, and explained that she was heavily medicated due to migraines. She also produced containers of cookies out of a bag for us to share while we worked on peer editing. These things combined to foster a convivial, slightly strange atmosphere for the workshop, and the class was fun for once. (It's typically pretty dry, though the other students are cool folks and the debate is engaging at times.) After class, I went grocery shopping with Nathan, Haley, Molly, and Iris; the others were very cooperative in slipping a bouquet of flowers past Iris for me. At home, I played Super Smash Bros. with Alaric, Sean, Iris and Katie before Sean and I settled into a game of Fall From Heaven (an extremely difficult, medieval/fantasy mod of Civ IV.)
          Quotes of the day:
"Socialist final, everybody work together." - guy in B&T
"I'm on migraine drugs, so I'm a little high. So if I say anything crazy..." - Prof. Britt
...
Jimenez: "Why do you save money?"
Girl in class: "Because my parents tell me to."

No comments:

Post a Comment