Thursday, April 17, 2014
History History History
Possibly due to Becky's urging, the entire pep band somehow received an invitation to the NU Men's Hockey Banquet, and I arrived at Matthews just a couple minutes late. I crashed at a table with Ariel, Rachelle, Adam P, and one of the hockey players, defenseman Jarrett Fennell. (The players were scattered about at tables around the room.) Most of the ceremony itself was pretty boring, especially given some of the older dudes who went up to speak; the players and younger staff were entertaining enough, especially the profane gear manager. One guy in particular told joke after flat joke -- we're talking about actual silence from the audience -- and only registered one hit, a standard BU "do you want fries with that?" zinger. The catered dinner and dessert was excellent as well. Several of us posed for a photo with Clay Witt, then gathered around one of the Zambonis for a series of pictures. Aside: I'm amused that the Zamboni company motto is "Nothing else is even close." After dinner, Alaric, Nathan and I went to Iris's for the Blues vs. Blackhawks game. As Iris went to bed, I ended up being the only one to watch the entire game; it went to three overtimes before the Blues won 4-3 after the longest game in franchise history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment