Sunday, April 6, 2014

Is There Gold In the Village?

          Today, I found myself completely unable to get any work done. This is the worst writer's block that I have ever suffered through. In the evening, Iris and I watched the fourth season premiere of Game of Thrones at her place. The episode was quite good, though I was unhappy that the Tickler was more or less excluded from the show's telling of the story. For the most part, the choices made in terms of omissions and simplification of the story from page to screen are expertly done; this particular aspect was a feel-good(?) revenge story involving Arya, and I felt that it both set up for her development as a character and better explained her rage. We're going to need to figure out a new place to watch it once she moves out of West C, but for now, we're just concentrating on who's going to get killed next.

No comments:

Post a Comment