Sorry for the terrible formatting (hopefully fixed now). I'm posting from work, all of the computers run Windows 97 or Windows XP, and every program is a little weird. Thanks for reading!
Through a roundabout chain of events, I came into possession of a free ticket to PAX East, and so I found myself headed to the convention center with Alaric and Kevin B. This was my first convention, and it was quite a production. I got the chance to play the pre-release of Hotline Miami 2 [INSERT YAYS HERE!] and scored some free stuff, including oatmeal with a small Cards Against Humanity supplement inside. Alaric and I played an incredible subterfuge-type board game called Revolution with a vendor, and I barely scraped out the win at the end. For most of the time I spent not lost/trying to find Alaric and Kevin B, I checked out a variety of sweet games. Some highlights: Gods Will Be Watching, a gut-wrenching decision maker, and Duet, a laughably frustrating action game. Of course, there were some that ranged from questionable to bad, such as Cthulhu Dice, which pretty much boils down to a Dreidel clone. I saw a few amazing cosplays (hello, TF2 Medic) and a lot of terribad ones (anyone dressed as Pikachu.) We took a break to eat at a Burger King in Southie and were accosted by a pack of 2tuff4u, foul-mouthed thirteen year olds -- that last part is conjecture -- who demanded to know if PAX was cool. The answer was yes.
After the convention, I went to Iris's to watch an extremely important episode of Game of Thrones, and we were surprised by a connection problem with the university's HBO channel. I called the appropriate authority and they promised to try and fix it, and after some time the channel was back up. We shared a chocolate orange and witnessed a huge character death, one that I've been looking forward to since starting the show. There are absolutely benefits to reading GoT before watching, especially if you're following it with someone who doesn't know what's up. I stuck around for part of the rerun to see what we'd missed, then went home and laid down the law about recycling. (Cans in the trash? No.) A late, brief study session for U.S. Congress was followed by a 3 a.m. run in perfect weather.
Quote of the day:
"I knew my philosophy minor would come in handy, aaaahhhh!" - Kevin
No comments:
Post a Comment