I was hyped for the pep band's first appearance at women's volleyball this year. The opponent: Boston College. The Huskies took the first set by the skin of their teeth, ate an embarrassing loss in the second, then crushed the Eagles in the third and never looked back. The fourth set was closer, but Northeastern stood its ground for a decisive win. Jared and I talked, cheered and rocked out, just like old times. The crowd was the largest and rowdiest I've ever seen at a women's volleyball game, creating an unusually exciting atmosphere in Cabot; I don't remember ever doing the "Sucks" chant at volleyball before. The contest itself was among the finest I've witnessed. After the game, we headed home for an amusing Shrek drinking game with Alaric, Nathan, Sean, Lizandro, Malcolm, and Sara. I hadn't anticipated joining in, but I forgot how great that movie's soundtrack is. The nostalgia was intense and I stuck around for the whole thing. Malcolm also went on a vitriolic rant about his hatred for Ohio sports teams (including the Cavaliers, the Browns, the Bengals, anything at OSU, and my Indians, but not including the Columbus Blue Jackets, who he roots for.)
Quote of the day:
"Listen, I'm not always right, but I am definitely always right." - me
No comments:
Post a Comment