Tuesday, September 9, 2014

New World Order

The entry for August 29, 2014 has been updated with some quotes that I found scribbled on a sticky note. Thanks for reading.

          I was enormously productive at work for the second day in a row. I went home, changed and then headed straight to Blackman for the pep band's first rehearsal with the rookies. It was wild seeing thirty or forty-some new faces, fresh and full of expectation. For Pete's sake, that alone is more than twice the number of people we used to have at some of the women's basketball games! The council and some other volunteers hung around in a meet 'n greet fashion, talked to the newcomers and did our best to create a welcoming environment. JL has big plans for this year -- think dance routines and serious choreography, stuff I've supported for some time now -- and I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish with such a large ensemble. After band, we watched more of The Sopranos and then an episode of Rick and Morty on Adult Swim. On the subject of more "mature" cartoons, I was wrong to initially discredit Adventure Time; this was less of a pleasant surprise than a jumble of mediocrity, but it did have its moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment