The entry for September 11, 2014 has been updated with an extra quote.
I eventually rose from my slumber to find Julia and Stephanie long awake. Steph was unfortunately busy, but Julia and I decided to go to the Freedom Rally/Hempfest and headed back to our apartment. Along with Sean, we watched the first few episodes of The Sopranos -- I'm just trying to hook everyone at this point, and if you're reading this and haven't watched it, you should. Johnny turned up in the afternoon and we left for the rally after a few cheap, green beers. (I'm still not fully acclimated to Heineken, but I'm beginning to subscribe to the idea that every beer has a proper place and time... except for Natty Ice.)
After a few missed connections -- I should have expected multiple fried dough stands -- we met up with Wyatt and Evan. I picked up a great deal of random poster-type things, brochures, a few stickers, etc. for later decoration. It started to rain and people were bailing out left and right, but we decided to stick around and smoke under a tree. During this time, I bought a "Northeastern Institute of Cannabis" lighter (yes, this is a real place); found an evidently homemade book of stream-of-consciousness-type craziness that Julia and I plan to read aloud at some point; and rummaged through an abandoned jacket to find a small nugget and five unidentifiable pills, the latter of which I threw away. We split up when the rain began to get heavy. Johnny, Julia and I returned to watch some more of The Sopranos.
In time, we headed to Jared's party at his new place at the bottom of Mission Hill. First off, his home is a bona fide crib: two spacious stories, roof access and a basement for five guys, not to mention a small, fenced backyard. Numerous band members were in attendance, beer pong and slap cup were in session, and Ryan L was putting in disco DJ work upstairs. With his help, a killer dance party was well on its way, and I was quick to join in. I danced with Shannon for a while and we filled each other in on how things were going. Also, I instantly saw through her explanation of her breakup and we shared an uncharacteristically deep moment. I convinced Emily to dance as well, which was excellent, and even Anthony joined in! A few freshmen were there for a little while and I introduced myself to them as well, though recalling names is a permanent challenge for me. At one point, I chilled out back with Emily, Julia, Johnny, and Matthew S; at another, I met with Jared and Clay in a classic trumpet heart-to-heart. Sara took several incredible Polaroids, including one of me that I'm very pleased with. When the party finally died down, Julia came back to crash at our place, but not before a regrettable exchange.
Quote of the day:
"That's what my stomach feels like when I wake up after drinking. It feels like guilt." - Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment