Wednesday, September 3, 2014

America's Favorite Pastime

          After work, I met Johnny at Conor Larkin's for brews and catching up. Conor's is much larger than it appears from the outside, and is clearly a campus bar; it was teeming with students when we got there. The place has a cool "college basement"-type vibe, and I wish I owned half of the vintage beer signs and memorabilia plastered all over the walls. We sat at the bar and watched the Nationals vs. Dodgers game because it was already on TV; when we arrived, it was already in the 11th inning. Johnny and I each killed a house amber or two (recommended) and decided to move to Our House East, another bar over on Gainsborough. This place was nearly empty, and we convinced the bartender to switch the TV to the LA/Washington game. Neither of us care about either team, but we had to see the end of it at this point, so we both decided to root for Washington. A wonderfully pumpkin-y Jack-O Traveler shandy, a well-made gin and tonic, and a batch of onion rings later, the Nationals prevailed 8-5 in the 14th inning! Quite drunk by now, Johnny and I went to our place to enjoy a hookah/smoke session after digging out spaces to sit among all the junk.
          Quote of the day:
"If I had a gun, I would shoot him!" - someone in a mediation

No comments:

Post a Comment