Friday, September 5, 2014

All of Me

          I returned to work today and got back into the groove, though I wasn't at peak efficiency. I went to Julia's new place in Allston afterward and hung out with her, Stephanie, and Cara. Their apartment is equal in slum status to ours, including random wiring everywhere and a peerlessly decrepit toilet -- a hair tie is holding the lever on. Stephanie, Julia and I walked around for a while, smoked, visited JFK's birthplace, and mused on how strange Allston is. I love that it goes from mildly urban to woodsy/residential in the span of a few yards, with random side streets stretching out into the trees. It reminds me a little bit of home, and a little bit of places away from home. I decided to catch the train home before it was too late and arrived to find Alaric, Nathan, Eli, and his companions partying. I talked them into playing Purple for a little while before I went to sleep early (again.) This time, at least, we made friends.
          Quote of the day:
"I like tedious things." - Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment