Sunday, September 21, 2014

Bunny In the Box

          Emily and I went to Tasty Burger and were served by a super-friendly waitress. We returned to the apartment, got faded and watched the incomparable Con Air. The closest I can think of in terms of entertainment, one-liners and explosions is True Lies. Nic Cage is as perfect as ever, and the backing cast is surprisingly deep: Danny Trejo, Dave Chappelle, John Cusack, John Malkovich, Ving Rhames, and even Steve Buscemi! "He's got the whole world in his haaaands..." Alaric and Sean eventually arrived, and we all watched more of The Sopranos. Alaric and I ended up finishing out season 2, and were very happy to see a certain character "go into the witness protection program." Pizza helped. Later, I stupidly went for a run and felt terrible due to being completely full of food. Fun fact: In over seven years of running distance, I have never thrown up after a race or run. Some guys were like clockwork that way - warm up, 5k, splat.
          Also, hey, preseason hockey began today! The Blue Jackets edged the Hurricanes and the Blues in two 4-3 games, and though the preseason doesn't matter at all, I'm already psyched to watch this team. I'm going to have fun seeing them beat up teams I hate, but since Malcolm actually roots for them now, I can also assign them a degree of rivalry (as with Alaric and the Flyers, or everyone in Boston and the Bruins.) The wait is over. The NHL is back in session!

"It's the Jackeeeets!"

No comments:

Post a Comment