This morning, I shaved with possibly the dullest razor in existence. This was to be my last Monday at Rich May. And what a Monday it was! At one point, I went to pick up a file at an MGH office and was asked for ID at reception. I dug into my bag, retrieved my passport and handed it to the guard. He made me a name tag, handed back my passport, and I headed for the elevators. I went to put away the passport and realized a condom had found its way into it, and the guy at the desk didn't react at all! Those are no longer being kept in the same pocket. When I walked out, I held my head high.
Back at the office, I held a packet of paper motionless under a stapler until I remembered it wasn't one of the automatic ones. Diane asked me to go to the more distant bank, and it completely slipped my mind until about ten minutes before they were set to close. I booked it out of the office, through the streets and uphill to the bank in time. I guess if there's one thing I can do, it's run.
After work, I went home and processed an unbelievable amount of paper. I hacked my way through a few shopping bags' worth of magazines and newspapers, restocking the supply of subjects for my decorative efforts. I watched the Stars cool off the Rangers win streak, 3-2, but it's all good. Our luck's been excellent, the Stars are okay in my book, and actually similar to New York as a hyper-speedy rush team. Florida is next up, and they should fold like a chair.
Quotes of the day:
"It's a Christmas miracle!" - Ashley
"At 80% off, not buying it would have been like fucking your mother." - Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment