Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Last Light

          Work was a flurry of activity. The entire firm got together for the annual pre-party meeting (read: "don't get sloppy") and my day was spent making sure everything is more or less in place. At lunch, I reflected on all the positive events in the offing. See the normalization of U.S. relations with Cuba (and it only took 50+ years of failed foreign policy!), New York's moratorium on hydraulic fracturing, and the steady advance of marriage equality across the fifty states. I predict that the Supreme Court is going to come down on this within the year. It's hard to believe that I'll be able to tell my children -- or maybe nieces and nephews -- that I lived in a time when it was not so.
          After work, Iris came over for the Wild vs. Bruins game. I enjoyed a calzone and some of Iris's characteristically scrumptious cookies. Bergeron was Bergeron, Falk went balls to the walls in a fight, and Pominville managed to force overtime for the Wild. Things went slightly less well than I hoped when the Bruins scored in overtime, but a point is a point. Seeing New Jersey and Vancouver shut out was also fine by me. Alaric and I smoked as well, and for once, he went at it longer. Tomorrow's going to be a long, busy day for me.
          Quote of the day:
"As you've noticed, we have spared no expense making these conference rooms look exactly the same as before." - Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment