Sunday, December 7, 2014
Irish Yoga
I woke up with the worst hangover of my life. I was curled up on the floor, doing Irish yoga practically the entire day. By the time 7 or 8 pm rolled around, I was shaking it off. Iris had requested that we watch a two-hour special about snakes, so she came over and joined Nathan, Alaric, Sean and me. The thrust of the program was that a team would go out and capture this vast, legendary anaconda, at which point one of the scientists would don a snake-proof suit and allow himself to be eaten and regurgitated by it. (In the interest of science, of course!) 80% of the special was the team dicking around in the jungle. They never even caught the damn snake! Another 10% or so consisted of explanations of the floating forest's ecosystem, which is actually fascinating stuff. Finally, the last ten or fifteen minutes were the experiment, which was aborted after a smaller, previously captured snake proved too powerful for the anti-snake armor, or whatever. The scientists topped it off by making baseless claims about the kind of data they probably would have collected if it had gone correctly. This was probably the most disappointing television program I've ever been excited for ahead of time. I desperately tried to enjoy the rest of the night with some Borderlands 2 and a late run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment