Note: I found some provisional notes in an email to myself. The entries for 12/3, 12/5, 12/8, 12/9, 12/10 and 12/11 have all been updated with minor changes.
I woke up on time, sprawled out in a living room chair and quite refreshed. This was to be my last day at the office. Some pipes in the basement were leaking, and up on the 6th floor, we were plagued with a distinct odor of sewage that came and went throughout the halls. Several library updates came in yesterday, and though I outstayed everyone (after 8 p.m. on New Year's Eve!) I was still unable to get it all sorted out. I left some work for Christina to deal with when she starts, but also a long note with as many tips and instructions as I could muster. It felt kind of anticlimactic working so late on my last day, but I enjoyed a beer as a reward for the extra diligence. I periodically broke up the boredom by checking the NHL scores, and New York Swiss-cheesed the Panthers as expected, 5-2. After some time and urging from the night watchman, I went home to briefly hang out with Jules and Alaric and hit the sack.
Quotes of the day:
"Do you smell...uh...shit? - Tom
"You don't see Andy abandoning his post! He doesn't even work here." - Tom
No comments:
Post a Comment