I dragged myself out of bed with a series of 15 alarms, each one a different tone and spaced a minute apart. I was in continuous motion all day and felt pretty wiped by the end. A Red Bull, lots of water, and Regina's pizza at the attorney-paralegal lunch helped me survive through 5:00. After the office closed, I stayed with the admins and paralegals to do some sweatshop-status work for the holiday party. We stuffed gift bags with mugs and chocolate truffles and put together about a million name tags; once again, I climbed around in the upper reaches of the library to get everything looking perfect.
I made it home in good time and prepared to watch the first of two Epix specials on the run-up to the Winter Classic game. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the program was amazing! It gave special attention to Capitals coach Barry Trotz and various players. There was a lot of insight into what goes on during play and practice, with mics on the ice and recaps of what happened in various regular-season games. It was fun hearing Joel Quenneville screaming about how the Hawks were playing "like we don't give a fuck!" The special was slickly produced and cannily organized, and is fully worth the watch. Later, Alaric and I smoked from an apple as the Rangers downed the Flames 5-2 to complete their three-game sweep of the Western Canada teams. I was entirely satisfied with how my day shook out.
Quotes of the day:
"Ever since I was so mean to him, he doesn't come down to my office anymore. So I don't have to file a sexual harassment suit for my doorframe." - Shaela
"This has been a long week. And it's Tuesday." - me
...
Shaela: "What's the plan for food at the holiday party this year?"
Julia W: "Eat it all."
No comments:
Post a Comment