Over lunch, I got my hair did. My shaggy mane has been replaced with a more approachable, close trim, but my beard is also bigger than my hair now, so... Much of my shift was spent doing kitchen grunt work, moving soda around the office and the like. It's not the most stimulating work but useful occupation is just that. Along with the rest of the paralegals, I stayed a few hours late to put up the holiday decorations. We had a few beers, threaded up garlands, hung ornaments, and listened to Mariah Carey. The reception area looks gorgeous with a full circuit of lit garland; arrays of gold and silver-wrapped presents have made the library remarkably homey. Dangers encountered: ornaments falling and smashing dramatically; cheap lights turning on and off at random; braving the basement to find the proper color of ribbon; climbing around in the upper part of the library. Later, I unsubscribed from numerous spammy mailing lists. Most of them remove you immediately, but Dell once again manages to shock with its bullheaded determination to ruin the consumer's day. I'm expected to "allow up to 10 business days" for the email unsubscription to be complete? We're talking about electronic communication here, not a specialty order! Later, Jules, Alaric and I ended up in the bathroom with a lack of places to go, and nostalgia for sophomore year was in the air.
Quote of the day:
"I am gonna liquidate Dave [redacted]." - Scott
"Oooh, we just got religious up in hurr." - Julia W
No comments:
Post a Comment