The blizzard continued on and off throughout the day, so I stayed inside and relaxed. Accordingly, Alaric and I went ahead with The Sopranos. Nathan's friend from work came by to pick up her stuff and we chatted briefly. Early in the evening, I went to Emily's place and watched A Clockwork Orange with her. I knew it had some silly elements, but my limited understanding led me to expect something like an 80-20 disturbing-amusing ration, like the Joker; I was surprised to find it more of a 50-50. Ultimately, the movie wasn't really my speed -- I wasn't stunned by Kubrick's exacting direction, and not much about it spoke to me personally. I'm happy to have finally seen it, though. After this, I went to Peter's to watch parts of Captain America with him, John, and Matt S but stayed only briefly.
Quotes of the day:
"Knock knock. Who's there? America!" - Peter
...
Me: "The hidden rebel base is on the 4th moon of Bogosian!"
Alaric: "Sending 3 Evander-class transports now."
Me: "Kessel-class transports."
No comments:
Post a Comment