Thursday, February 5, 2015

Goodbye Cool World

          This morning, I fell asleep while reading for Foreign Policy and missed the class for the second day in a row. I was slightly late for International Political Economy, but my panic over the quiz on the syllabus was unfounded because it was simply posted online. This meant I could sleep in there again, which seems inevitable at this point. (Aside: It's still snowing.)
          In the evening, I went to Julia's for the first time in a long while. I picked up alcohol at an unfamiliar liquor store and over the course of the night, the two of us somehow killed an entire fifth of strawberry vodka. We tried and failed to watch The Aviator, quickly being overwhelmed by distractions; next up was a long spate of conversation with Jennifer, some browsing through a great tumblr called asylum-art, and a crossword puzzle easy as tic-tac-toe when we combined forces. Later, quite drunk, I won a hard-fought battle with a timed quiz for International Political Economy. I ended up sleeping there; while working on the last of the fifth, Julia and I watched the original version of The Hills Have Eyes on her sister's recommendation. It was creepy for sure, but heavily dated (~1970s) and true to trope. The ending was almost textbook save for its abruptness. This was what I was mulling as I went to sleep.
          Quotes of the day:
"I feel like most Julias are bitches." - Julia
"'Bosom' is one thing. That's wrong!" - Julia
"Yeah, we need to cut his balls off." - Julia
"Why aren't we talking about me?" - Jennifer
"He doesn't freak out like a cat should! That's the point of having a cat. So you can scare him." - Julia
"You shoulda thought of that before you were born to him, bitch." - Jennifer
...
Jennifer: "The most stolen food is cheddar cheese."
Cara: "Gotta get that chedda."

No comments:

Post a Comment