Saturday, February 7, 2015

Bag Fries

          I slammed down a wing-providing energy drink (hail corporate!) and dragged myself to Curry for another men's basketball game. At the office, I became as horizontal as possible in a chair and introduced myself to a new clarinet player who is apparently a Penguins fan. They are among us now. The Huskies fell to crap-tier Delaware -- of course -- and hundred of free "tuxedo" t-shirts were passed out. In tenth grade I thought those were the shit and some people can still rock them but this was the first time in a while that I declined free stuff. My tendency to hoard is becoming more apparent as time passes.
          After the game, Sabrina came back to headquarters and was extremely helpful in preparing for Iris's sleepover birthday party, to be held later that night. She was gracious about my neurotic micromanagement of all of the cleaning efforts -- moving the furniture, vacuuming and mopping all over, cleaning the kitchen, etc. etc. -- and I doubt I expressed my appreciation enough. So thanks, Sabs. Iris hung up her brilliant multicolor paper chains, and our place immediately felt imbued with a bit more life. In the midst of all this, I was running up and down the stairs and doing my laundry (finally!) and trying to fold all of the XBOX HUEG load before the party started.
          Providently, there were 11 hockey games this evening, so we put some of that on and got drunk. Most people were in pajamas or the like; I opted for my timeless "Andy at home" look, and Iris was running around in lingerie and boxing gloves. I frankly don't remember much about the evening, but Nick, Sara, Jared, Matt T and several others made appearances. "Fun, drunk and asleep in quick succession" should adequately describe my night. The party seemed good.
          Quote of the day:
Peter: "You put the ketchup on the fries?! I'm breaking up with you."
Sabrina: "Okay, you owe me $6."
Peter: "Never mind."

Hockey Section, ignore if hockey does not interest you
Bad Endings:
NY Rangers 2 - Predators 3     [lost a good fight against the best in the west. not so bad.]
LA Kings 4 - TB Lightning 2
Hurricanes 5 - Sharks 4          [how....]

Good Endings:
NY Islanders 1 - Bruins 2       [heh heh. we watched the most of this game.]
Stars 2 - Sabres 3       [stars beaten by a minor league team. uninstall irl.]
Devils 2 - Habs 6
Blue Jackets 4 - Senators 1
Avalanche 0 - Wild 1
Red Wings 3 - Coyotes 1       [to the surprise of no one]
Penguins 0 - Canucks 5       [haha oh wow]

No One Cares:
Oilers 1 - Maple Leafs 5

And none of them went to overtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment