Saturday, February 14, 2015

Founder Worship

          Jules and I walked to El Pelon for victuals and Jarritos, then returned and started The Wire. We watched two episodes; I'm reserving judgment for now, but there's a lot of characters and things haven't settled down yet. The alleged protagonist is hard to like, so there's that. I'm excited to continue this show, if its reputation is accurate. We hopped on the art train with Alaric, and Peter and John stopped by as well. In the evening, Lindsay and Lauren F came over and took my National Treasure virginity. It was good, not Con Air level but it was up there. I have a lot of respect for the way Nic Cage approaches his craft, even if it's goofy on the surface; he brings everything he has to the table.
          Quotes of the day:
"She's feisty. She's got no fear in her eye." - Peter, re: Iris
"Taylor Hall's got dick-suckin' lips." - Lauren F

Hockey section:
Alain Vigneault became the 21st coach to reach 500 victories in the NHL with the Rangers' 5-1 roll of the Coyotes. Mike Smith impersonated a block of Swiss cheese, Nash was Nash (accurate + fast), Kreider was Kreider (fast + fast) and even Stempy scored one. I knew there was a reason that Kreider's one of my favorite players. 4-1-1 without Lundqvist.

No comments:

Post a Comment