I skipped Foreign Policy outright due to getting practically no sleep, but my scheduling confusion worked to my advantage this time. I made it through the rest of the school day without incident. After a brief break at home, I was off to campus again for a men's basketball game vs. Towson. The Huskies built a commanding 15-point lead early on, very nearly blew it (within 4 points!), and then capped off the game with some precise foul shooting. We never trailed, but once again, it was closer than it should have been. Walker and Eatherton were brilliant again, and other players like T.J. Williams chipped in as well. Anti-highlights: nearly losing; having the band's new GoPro stuck in my face. Highlights: a new distraction cheer for opponent's free throws wherein everyone mimics the "mine!" gulls from Finding Nemo; convincing Elizabeth C to run for events coordinator. Andy is graduating and Erika is stepping down due to being fed up, so there's going to be an intriguing shuffle within council.
After the basketball game, I went home to relax and smoke with Steph, Alaric, Nathan and Sean. We watched the Rangers defeat the Bruins 3-2 for their third straight win. It's too bad for Boston that you can't deflate hockey pucks... heh heh. This is an appropriate time to memorialize Iris's recent ball-busting efforts, which we've been tracking along with the NHL standings. It seems that deflated balls aren't limited to the New England Patriots...
Quotes of the day:
"If I don't eat a quesadilla, there's gonna be issues." - Jenny
...
Steph: "I used to eat ramen raw."
Alaric: "Ramen-Ra: the Egyptian god of uncooked pasta."
No comments:
Post a Comment