Braving the rain, Julia and I walked to Pure Cold Press, a fancy and modern juice bar. They should have called it "Pure Gentrification Press." She purchased a many-ingredient salad at an exorbitant price -- the quantity was on par, though it wasn't Sebastians humongous status. I settled for a small bottle of citrus-based juice containing an improbable amount of ginger, along with traces of silver, which the girl at the counter advised me was "a system shock." I went ahead with the purchase and found that she had not lied. Sipping away, and pursing my lips every time, it took me all day to finish a bottle of juice hardly bigger than one of those mini water bottles. When Julia and I parted ways, I went home and sat in on House of Cards with Sean, Alaric, and (eventually) Johnny, and later got into "crunch mode" with my UPP final paper. Titled The Hydra, and focusing on the longstanding issue of violence in Cleveland, it was well written but half the proper length when I finally submitted it (ho ho ho.)
Quote of the day:
"I wish somebody would hit me in the spot on my head where I become a different person." - Julia, wishing for a traumatic brain injury
No comments:
Post a Comment