Thursday, June 4, 2015

In the Desert

          I'm mostly over the Rangers already, somehow. Last year there was a serious mourning period; this year I feel like we dodged a bullet, knowing now that our captain was playing on a broken foot and several others had broken bones as well. We could (and probably would) have been swept by Chicago if we moved up in that condition. I shared lunch with Stephanie and her friend Kim at Rebecca's, where I enjoyed a notably on-point Rebecca Roll. Steph and I walked to IV, then home to smoke and discuss the ramifications of an open relationship. We decided to play Oregon Trail and went with a party of Steph, Andy, Julia, Jennifer and Cara (originally Barack.) Cara and Julia were drowned when we attempted to ford a river -- of course, we should have caulked the wagon.
           I burned out and fell asleep eventually, and Stephanie took off like a real person with responsibilities etc. Emily came over and we chatted with Nathan for a while; when Alaric, Sean, and Iris came home to watch Bill Nye the Science Guy, we skedaddled for her place. There, we drank a bit and watched Equilibrium. This movie is definitely full of itself, but it's solidly built. The cathedral scene near the beginning is my favorite, and oddly enough, involves the poem that I read on Hail Hydra just recently: "Aedh Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven."


Playoff section:
Stanley Cup Final:
CHI v. TBL: 1 - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment