Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bye Friends / Third Planet

          I went to Chinatown in the morning for a farewell dim sum breakfast for Stephanie. We ate at a place called China Pearl, esoterically decorated and full of mirrors, with Cara, Jennifer, Ryan C, and his friend DJ. Once properly stuffed with bao and other goodies unidentifiable to these Western eyes, we wandered out into the street. Throngs of people were buying stuff at market stalls set up all over, and some kind of festival was going on; we stopped to watch dancers impersonating dragons.
I headed home to find a bunch of people in the apartment, painting glasses of the shot, wine and martini varieties. This gathering was Iris's baby, and she created a beautiful martini glass with a giraffe nibbling at a tree. Michelle did another martini glass in impressive fashion, a snake with its jaws distended. I carefully wielded a toothpick to paint three shot glasses with the Rangers, Flyers and Wild logos. Satisfied with my work, I allowed myself a much needed nap.


          I enjoyed an alcoholic milkshake and bailed for "one last drunken ramble" in Allston, another sort of going-away party for Stephanie. I sat on the stoop at 1254 Commonwealth with her and Jennifer for a time, smoking cigarettes and chatting. The evening was a lot of fun, and I particularly enjoyed a jaunt over to Inbound with Lucy and Ryan C, where we talked City of Boston politics. Back at the apartment: "I don't need fimemes because feminis want 2 replace all statues of men with life size potatos!!" After a few more drinks I found myself stuck beneath a drunken, sleepy Jennifer on the couch; while some of the others wandered to the park, I remained where I was, feeling drowsy.
          Quote of the day:
"You have Emma Watson eyebrows." - Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment