As morning approached, I moved up to the foot of the bed and slept a few
hours longer. I dreamed that someone ordered me to murder a man in
International Village -- when this was done, they told me to get rid of
it "the usual way," meaning via the garbage. I had dragged the body out
of the basement, hauled it into a trash can and covered it with dirty
newspapers when I had the feeling of being watched, and woke up.
Jules and Alaric arrived in the morning, followed by Jennifer's friends Grace, Sawwon, Dave and Daniel. Jules immediately curled into a ball in the cabin and refused to come out; some of us opted to doze around the fire (Alaric, me) while others messed around down by the lake. A caterpillar stalked us for some time, evidently attracted to something on the camp chair, and was not deterred when we switched seats or moved the chair around. Julia and I tried to join a billiards tournament (I think?) that was allegedly going on in the afternoon, but no one else arrived and we quickly vacated the lodge. Afterward, I went swimming in the lake and climbed up on Turtle Island to sunbathe with Alaric, Jennifer, Lucy and Max. Some folks went boating, and some of us played Ultimate for a while (with Lucy and I rolling the field.) Following consumption of grapefruit/vanilla vodka/pineapple sangria in the sun, we went into Plymouth for dinner and crammed the horde into a large Italian place called Bella Piazza. I was soon pizza drunk from the sheer amount of food being fooded in the vicinity, and walked it off with Julia, with whom I wandered for a few minutes. We coordinated Alie's return home, and some of the residents of the cabin left as well, which meant that I only had to share that big, comfortable bed in front with Jennifer. Blessings large and small on one of the best days in recent memory.
Quotes of the day:
"You're city rugged. Or country scrawny." - Jennifer
"I could knock Stephanie to the ground. Just armbar her." - Lucy re: bear escape tactics
"I can't believe the Wuttergate scandal came up twice in a day." - me
Playoff section:
Stanley Cup Final:
CHI v. TBL: 1 - 1 3 goalie changes later, the Lightning win 4-3. Phew...
No comments:
Post a Comment