Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Buzzed Lightyard

          Emily and I went to Sweet Cheeks BBQ on a relaxing date tonight. I was overwhelmed by their BBQ options and settled for a pulled-pork sandwich and the legendary biscuits with honey butter. The drank section of the menu is extensive, and the beers are amusingly categorized: "hometown heroes", "you crafty", "yeah brah". I went for something called Not Your Father's Root Beer and was blown away -- the alcohol content of beer, and the wonderful flavor of root beer. It's unhabeebably good -- a perfect drink, if heavy. The pork sandwich was excellent, but the biscuits were to die for. You could eat two of them and be full. Emily had the mac 'n cheese, which was solid if not distinguished. After dinner, the two of us were in a mood to get out and do something; this turned into a fun rendezvous with Jules, Alaric, Sean, Griffin and Geordie at Yard House. Alaric and Sean got birthday desserts with cocoa powder that we shaped into amusing messages, and I ended up disappointed. The waiter served me a beer which I suspected to be something other than what I ordered, and when I asked he said it was the right one, but it turned out not to be in the end. I was disappointed, considering that it was a half-yard of drink I paid for...
          Quote of the day:
"Look at that mom on the go!" - Emily, re: Jules' aesthetic

No comments:

Post a Comment