Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fun Detected

          We took advantage of the time before the game to visit the Smithsonian's Air & Space museum. We discovered a mission called the Mars Penetrator (no more need be said) and learned that the museum has "fun detectors" which ensure that no one enjoys themself too much. I saw the Capitol from a relatively close distance as well, and the weather was just warm enough to be conducive to walking. Overall our tour was short but enjoyable, and it was exciting to visit Washington for the first time.
          The women's basketball game versus George Mason was horridly disappointing. For the first half we were tied or ahead, and our players were kicking ass. In the second they just fell apart, failing to score more than once in the last eight minutes and losing 60-70. As Anthony is wont to say, there's never not enough time left for Northeastern to choke. With this defeat, our tour in D.C. is ended. Post-game we went over to a pub called the Zone for dinner, where I found myself beginning to feel sick. High point: singing along with "Sexual Healing" and hearing someone turn it up. After the meal I helped Brendan slam out some of his residual pushups and we returned to the hotel.
          After some merriment I found myself feeling far better. Incredibly, there were no noise complaints -- this is apparently a first -- and much silliness ensued. On a "no balls" type of dare from Tori, I skinny dipped in the hot tub and had my clothing temporarily stolen. We'd started early, and everyone was about petered out by two a.m. Sleep came uneasily, but it was a good night's rest.
          Quotes of the day:
"If I was a snake I would've come out of my bowl." - Starkey
"Just because you're a fatass doesn't mean that's legal!" - Alex, telling it like it is
"...Totally Legit Liquours..." - Alex
"So what's the coolest restricted area you guys have accessed?" - Steve, being Steve
"The couch pulls out, but I don't." - Kevin
"Just because I sound amazing doesn't mean you don't have to play." - Alex
"You could drop me into a woman's uterus and I could find my way out without a fucking compass." - Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment