I was up unusually early this Saturday, rising before nine o'clock to meet Professor Attwood. With my professor and two other education students, I braved a light rain to walk over to Simmons College for a seminar on detracking in the classroom -- that is, continuing the fight against racial segregation on all levels of the education system. Much later, I registered for classes (two days late) and scored a fantastic schedule, getting into all the classes I desired. I still have to register for a co-op class, but assuming I can get into one of the two sessions I'd prefer, I will not have to rise earlier than 11:00 a.m. on any weekday. I also cleaned up my room significantly to prepare for my family's visit tomorrow, and we got in some chess in my room, Sean, Heather, and Alaric matching wits on the checkered glass.
Quote of the day:
"Oh yeah. Move that bishop." - Sean
No comments:
Post a Comment