Some daily details: I discovered a crack in my iPod today. Luckily, it's through the FaceTime camera at the top rather than through the screen proper. If it doesn't worsen, the crack doesn't affect its performance at all, seeing as I never use FaceTime. Incidentally, my education class was held on the grass outside Hurtig Hall this afternoon, and it simply flew. The weather is great this week. Alaric stayed up late in my room, attaching the iron-ons to our Relay
For Life shirts. If I may say so, they look incredible. The Tremont
Street Raiders are going to look smashing.
Peace through Play held a fundraiser at California Pizza Kitchen this evening, so Iris and I decided to take advantage of it. Let us not mince words; CPK's pizza is stellar. I had a BLT pizza and Iris chose the Hawaiian. I ended up eating most of both as well as our pita bread & hummus appetizer. What the establishment really needs to work on is its lighting. There are some dim hanging lamps for ambience, but most of the light comes from recessed bulbs on the ceiling. The design of these fixtures causes them to act like spotlights, focusing the beam into a narrow area. I leaned forward and was illuminated, and fell into shadow upon reposing; altogether, the impression I got was of an interrogation chamber.
Quote of the day:
"Congress was like, 'Who gets to decide what's constitutional?' And the Supreme Court was like, 'We do, motherfuckers! We do!' Yeah, Rehnquist was walking around, slapping members of Congress. He had a big Flava Flav-sized Constitution on a chain." - Professor Urman
No comments:
Post a Comment