Thursday, March 29, 2012

So Here We Are

          My comparative politics professor set us up for small debates on current divisive issues in world cities. I was assigned to Londonderry, Northern Ireland, and ended up on the Unionist side of the debate. Essentially I ended up with little better of an argument than "we were jerks to you in the past and fear reprisal if we become part of Ireland," but despite one of my two colleagues defecting to the other side mid-debate, I still held my own due to the ineptness of the debaters on the Nationalist side.
          After education class, my day was action-packed. I met Alanna at Symphony Hall at 3 to grab tickets for the night, after which we had a late lunch at Stetson West -- my first time eating there, surprisingly. I then joined Heather and Amy at Heather's weekly 4 p.m. WRBB radio show. I chose a few of the songs that were broadcast, like Bloc Party's "So Here We Are" and Rusted Root's "Send Me On My Way." Afterward, I got a free burrito at the Northeastern Boloco. I ended up going to Symphony late due to taking an overlong nap, though I did meet with Alanna as planned. On our return, we watched Falling Down. Hopefully these last few weeks will hold some more movie nights for me.
          Quote of the day:
"The real case they need to read is Beggar v. Chooser, the Life Court of Social Justice!" - Professor Urman

No comments:

Post a Comment