Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Good_guy_prof.jpeg

          I got my comparative politics draft in on time and arrived in class to find the weekly single-question pop quiz waiting for me. I'd neglected the reading that night, and the question asked for Nigeria's most lucrative resource. I guessed "petroleum," got it right and felt like a boss for the next hour. The trend of coolness continued through my American government class, where Professor Urman promised to put his PowerPoint slides on Blackboard. I used one of my three no-questions-asked skips for education class due to fatigue, and the day went well. At the end of the night, Heather, Alaric and I watched The Notebook, which surprised me with its quality. The story was personal and touching, and the ending was a respectable tearjerker. Entirely by accident, we watched it exactly one month after we had initially planned: Valentine's Day.
          Quote of the day:
"Scalia! Not only known for originalism, also known for being a dick!" - Professor Urman

No comments:

Post a Comment