Monday, March 12, 2012

Our House

          Today was a bit hectic, but not unpleasant. The temperature was in the high sixties, an unexpected turn of events. Programming at Peace through Play was high-energy, but at least the kids weren't nasty to each other like last time. Alaric, Sean, Harrison, Eric, Ryan and I got our housing assignment today. We scored a six-man suite on the sixth floor of West Village F. I'm pretty stoked about having our own common room and kitchen. Later on, Alaric and I sang some In the Heights and played Vs. Saxton Hale mode on TF2.
          Professor Urman was on fire today. Quotes:
"He threw his deceased boss under the bus! The relatives were like, 'You fuck! Come on, Rehnquist, dance with the one that brung ya!'" (re: former Associate Justice William Rehnquist)
"He was the most badass appellate lawyer in the country." (re: Chief Justice John Roberts)
"He's a famous asshole. Like, legendary." (re: Larry Summers)
"He did the Eminem 8 Mile, like call it out, what you gonna say now." (re: Judge Richard Cebull)
"Let's unpack that joke. 'Being black is terrible, but it's not as bad as being a dog.'"
...
Some girl: "I went to London and Paris."
Prof. Urman: "Those are nice places. Do they like Americans?"
Some girl: "It's interesting that you say that becau-"
Prof. Urman: "I know." [smiles]
...
Iris: "That's a good pen. It writes well."
Me: "Is that a penis joke?"
Iris: [flustered] "I have one! Wait, no!"
There was a guy in the elevator with us and I swear his face was made of brick. Not even a smirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment