Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Emergency Backup Zombies

          I woke up feeling better than I have in a long time. The window was open and the soft sounds of distant traffic murmured in my ear, so different from the usual sirens and heavy equipment. The air was a touch cool, just like spring ought to be; Iris sleeping beside me, warmth enveloped me. I don't know why I woke, but clean white light filtered through the blinds, usually completely shut. Quiet music emanated from Lancelot, calming and cheering; in this way, a good day began.
          Just three days after our essay draft was due, Feinstein was asking for a near-complete book for our ten minute musical. Sabrina and I were planning to go in and request an extension, each of us having had a truly packed weekend. Instead, Katie covered our backs by putting in a ton of work on the zombie musical. We watched the opening number from Company, and I found an interesting link to Sweeney Todd. Where the material of Sweeney Todd is disturbing, the music is gorgeous; Company is exactly the opposite, pairing the most mundane subject possible (married couples having dinner company) with off-putting lyrics and chords. The performance we sampled played this to the hilt, the cast clad in formal black and white lilies giving the stage a funereal air. After class, I had lunch at Rebecca's with Sabrina and Jackie. I'm not entirely adjusted to milk on tap, so I've been drinking it much less often since coming to Northeastern. I had a carton of 2% with my turkey/apple/cheese sandwich and all was well. For the first time in a while, Alaric, Heather, Iris and I watched a movie in my room: How To Train Your Dragon. I found it reasonably entertaining but undistinguished.
          Quote of the day:
"I just exhaled into the Froot Loops and a whole bunch of powder came up in my face." - Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment