The ride down to Washington was incredibly comfortable in comparison to Richmond. Our party of about sixteen people have an entire coach bus to ourselves, and the group of people is satisfyingly chill. I left my door bolted for Iris, who spent much of the day ironing and rearranging my clothing of her own accord. A strange bird indeed.
The first movie played was Beerfest, which is one of the most atrocious films ever made. It is one of the many reasons I'm not particularly fond of comedy. Or "comedy," in this case. I slept for some time, then made the call to watch Sweeney Todd. Several on the bus weren't familiar with the story, and Alex and I exchanged many a knowing glance near the end of the film (no spoilers here.) We discussed the possibility of a drinking game wherein a shot is taken every time Sweeney offs someone; that would total eleven shots, five of which occur in a period of roughly two minutes. We also stopped at Arby's, where I had a surprisingly good chicken/bacon/ranch sandwich and vanilla milkshake. Alanna fashioned a paper crane out of a coupon sheet for me, which I intend to bring home intact.
In D.C., we ate at an establishment called the Thunder Grill in Union Station. The band piled into our hotel, a relatively swanky Marriott, and the good times began to roll. Unfortunately, I couldn't hack the lack of sleep and turned in.
Quotes of the day:
"This is the first class section of the bus. All the commoners sit back there." - Jake
"Little things. The Japanese are like, 'We got this.'" - Starkey
No comments:
Post a Comment