This Thursday was delightfully painless. My Cities and Suburbs class consisted of a forty-minute walk through the Fenway neighborhood, discussing the planned developments there. (Boylston Street is slated to be the new Newbury Street, essentially.) Also, dreadful news: Tasty Burger will probably be destroyed during this redevelopment. I split off from the group when we headed back and sat for a few minutes at the John Endecott monument, enjoying the day and watching people go by. (It's the statue of that Puritan guy over by the MFA.) I then missed Italian due to being confused about the time, but I spoke to my professor and apparently nothing happened. My honors seminar was cancelled, so my busiest academic day became one of the easiest this week. Alaric and I have been trading emails with a realtor or two, setting up appointments. The hunt for an apartment has begun in earnest. Iris and I have a new babby, a stuffed hippo named Augustus; he arrived in the mail today. In the evening, we enjoyed American Psycho with Alaric, Haley, Sean and Katie.
Quotes of the day:
"It was a blind taste test. For flavored condoms. And we both got it right. And they gave us prizes." - Katie
"Can't you feel the deliciousness radiating off it?" - Sean
"You can't argue with success." - Sean
"I would do anything to be inside children's." - Jaimie (via text)
...
Alaric: "I'm the original Swagfather. What'cha gonna do, Captain Yolo?"
Me: "They call me the Yologarch."
No comments:
Post a Comment