I dreamed that I reached a mountaintop camp, where I met Ret. Maj. Payne from the Saugerties American Legion. He showed me a weathered monument and told me how he was one of what he called the vigilants, a "second wave" in case the D-Day invasion failed. We visited a small town nearby, where there seemed to be deep tensions between the townspeople and the old men. On a stairway inside an office/general store, a nasty-looking man started a screaming fight with Maj. Payne, who told me to keep moving. I met up with the rest of my group, who told me I had to jump down a drain to leave the town. It was only a foot wide and constantly flowing with water, and I worried that I'd get stuck and drown inside. I thought, "If this was a lucid dream, I could just force it to widen." At which point I realized that I was dreaming, and desperately tried to hang on but failed. I fell asleep again and dreamed of fireworks over the suburbs, hanging out in Harrison's basement, and world-famous iced tea.
During the night, it became crunch time for my lit review. I went to the 4th ("silent") floor of Snell for the first time eve and got down to the nitty gritty, putting in some serious research. I was pestered by a couple of people behind me speaking in stage whispers and, at one point, reverting to 5th grade and doing bird calls. I returned home after a few hours, feeling satisfied with my temporarily solid work ethic.
Quote of the day:
"I don't want to get drunk with my dustpan!" - Iris
No comments:
Post a Comment