Friday, February 1, 2013

The Seventh Day

          After missing Research Methods this morning - I woke up the minute it was beginning - I got to my appointment with my co-op advisor in Meserve. We went through my resume and fixed up a thing or two and discussed the co-op process. She, too, had no answer for the question of July-September housing, which did nothing to soothe my anxiety regarding that subject. Post-meeting, I received a mysterious text from Alanna, imploring me to GET TO CURRY RIGHT NOW. I went without question, and found a Carnevale event going on, with several tables of ethnic food for free. We had a nice lunch and stuffed ourselves like true college students, and it was good.
          Alaric and I prepared for the men's hockey game against UNH with some liquid courage and rap music. He presented an interesting argument for why people like hip-hop: "the cadence of the human voice." I agree completely, it's not far removed from poetry. The game itself was a 3-1 loss, but who cares? I put on Waking Life once we got home, and we were joined by Iris, Alanna, Haley, her roommate Molly, Harrison, and another trumpet named Clay. Everyone seemed to enjoy it (at least to a degree), and it was peaceful. Harrison and I engaged in an intellectual conversation about birth rates, urban sprawl and world population as well.
          Quotes of the day:
"Luke, you've turned off your targeting computer! What's wrong? It's all right." - Jake
"It's gonna be like C-SPAN. Except in space." - Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment