Friday, February 8, 2013

Finding Nemo; Or, Wicked Stawm Comin'

          Alaric, Sean and I went apartment hunting today, meeting a realtor from Preston Properties at a place on Westland Avenue. We were pleased with the 5 or 6 units he showed us there, and he proved to be courteous, professional and not sleazy. Still, $3200/month between the three of us (some utilities included) is at the top of our price range, so we'll look some more before we choose an apartment. When we left, the blizzard was beginning to stick.
          Fast forward a few hours -- Iris and Harrison had a romantic dinner with candlelight in the common room. The storm outside was unbelievable, one of the heaviest snowfalls I've seen in my life. The light outside seemed to glow through the falling snow, first purple, then orange, a strange sight after nightfall. I napped on the couch and woke up to Alaric and Iris starting The Manchurian Candidate, which they thought was some sort of historical drama... heh heh heh. Cue the "omg wtf"s when they realized it was a creepy psychological thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment