Thursday, October 17, 2013
21 Bitch Salute
Today was not so great. My nasty cough transformed into a stuffy nose, sore throat, and awful headache; together, all of these made the day seem to go on forever and made its events more irritating than they already were. One client called to inform me of how she flipped out on a public official (his MA license plate number is below 100, for perspective) and threw a cup of coffee at his PR guy. Another called several times to bug me about matters our office is not involved in; she's a sweet old Catholic lady, but her undying need to rehash everything 50 times and insistence on getting Jeremy involved in things I could handle myself make her calls a bit of a nuisance now and again. Since he was out of the office, all of these calls basically amounted to "let me get back to you." I bit the bullet and purchased my Alkaline Trio ticket online. First off, I love getting bent over the barrel and forced to make an account to purchase something online, and it should have come as no surprise that scummy ticket companies do this kind of thing. It makes extra work for the customer, it subjects them to spammy emails, and it's a violation of trust. Also, this: "all fees included" followed by a tacked-on $3 processing fee. I left work in a black mood and got stuck walking behind 4 oldsters inching along the sidewalk, four abreast. I could seriously crawl faster than they were walking. At home, I attempted to clear up my headache and irritability with a bubble bath, nap, Hotline Miami session and r/PoliticalHumor, which were a great help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment