Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Diversity Yay!

          A brief, frantic search for my keys this morning ended with me discovering them in the largest pocket of my backpack. I hate the feeling of missing keys. At my desk, I was dying from a lack of sleep, so it was nice to get out of the office to hunt for red paper for the covers on some appeal briefs in the SJC. This quickly turned into a total shit show, as Staples only carries 500-sheet packages and we need like 12 sheets. We also had Staples make several copies of an 11-page document and they somehow missed page 9, which meant I had to do it, not to mention me having to fix the last two pages after the fact anyway, meaning that we basically paid full price for functionally 8/11 of a series of copies. Aside: There's a mystifying law office down the hall where the lights are always on, but the place is always empty, including the secretary's desk. It's pretty spooky.
          After work, Iris invited me over and tricked me into falling asleep, thereafter essentially using me as an oversized teddy bear. Upon waking, I was rewarded with ravioli and some ambiguously brown blondies (or blonde brownies; I couldn't tell.) I'm proud to live in a nation where brownies and blondies can procreate without fear of discrimination. Having slept for seven hours, I spent the rest of the night doing chores, decorating, and fooling around with Alaric and his new horse mask.
          Quote of the day:
"Andy, I hope you got your money out of the stock market." - Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment