Thursday, October 24, 2013

Shiver Shiver

          A word from the author: My phone died and took a month's worth of notes for this journal with it. The next thirty or so entries will be missing a great deal of information, especially quotes, which I know are everyone's favorite part. If said information is missing for a day, it will be noted in the beginning of the entry.
          Notes for this entry were lost.

          I made myself useful at work today, spotting a mistake in an important letter that was about to be sent out, finally getting some typewritten complaints finished, and plowing through business large and small. Later, I learned that I'm being paid less than I thought, and said pay is not being withheld from, meaning that my overall income is considerably less than I've accounted for. At least today I really earned the money I thought I was making. In Mark's office, they came to the realization that a client with an identical twin sister had impersonated her on several occasions, sometimes with fraudulent implications.
          Notes from the future: I guess this phone snafu means now is as good as ever to discuss the purpose of this blog. I referred to it as a journal in the foreword for this entry, and this was not by accident. It makes me happy that some people tolerate or even enjoy reading my writing, but the primary intent is not to attract more readers, but simply to chronicle my own experiences in a way that I can look back on and enjoy. This is why I record my dreams, despite how notoriously uninteresting they tend to be for anyone but the dreamer. This is also why I'm extremely upset that thirty entries' worth of notes are gone. And finally -- disregarding the fact that I'd probably make pennies per month anyway -- this is why I will never use AdSense and whore out my page with banner ads. Here, life is pure, preserved, and most importantly, safe from the dangers of fire, water, theft or loss that could destroy an ordinary paper journal. Thanks for reading!
          Quotes of the day:
"It's like Sister, Sister, Criminal Version." - Junie
After Lisa lied flawlessly and at great length to an insurance adjuster...
Junie: "Such a smooth operator!"
Lisa: "I'm like the world's best liar."

No comments:

Post a Comment